Place Details

English Landing Park

6500 NW Klamm Dr
Parkville,  MO 64152

Phone: (816) 741-7676



English Landing Park is located along the Missouri river in Parkville, Missouri, United States. It includes a 3 mile jogging/biking trail that follows the river's edge, several shelters for picnics, a soccer field, a baseball diamond, volleyball courts, 2 playgrounds. Recently, a small 9-hole Frisbee golf course has been added around the jogging/biking trail. There is also a busy set of train tracks that runs along the length of the park. The area of present-day English Landing Park was bought from the English Brothers by Colonel George S. Park in 1838, who was a veteran of the Texas war of independence. He purchased a riverboat landing from them as well, and that riverboat landing as well as the present-day park became a civil war port of call for slave trade. The Power Plant Restaurant, which sits right next to the rail road tracks at the entrance to the park, was built in the mid-19th century as a coal-fired twin-boiler power plant that fed the entire city. The city itself was founded by Colonel Park in 1844 and by 1850 he had built warehouses and a large stone hotel. In 1853 he established one of Platte County's earliest newspapers, The Industrial Luminary.

Show Map

Business Info


Categories: Landmark, Park, Playground, Public Places & Attractions


Report a Problem

Events

Past Events

Tweets from Kansas City
twitter